Thursday 6 October 2011

Colour Exhibition: Idea Generation

Started off some initial ideas for the proposed colour exhibition...

Going with the name 'Hue' just for now whilst I play around with some experiments for custom lettering, colour palettes and overall design direction. The main thought in my head right now is about how Im going to try and communicate both the simplicity and complexity of such a broad subject as colour. I don't want to go anywhere near cliché colour spectrums or primary/secondary colours. Overall though I've been looking forward to this brief as I think it's a great chance to have some fun!












Here I've used the bold, chunky, blocky letterforms and set them on solid colour backgrounds before changing the hue (of the word hue!) very slightly so as to show the importance and difference between colour shades and variations. It's had a blurring effect around the edge of the letters which I think is quite interesting. Maybe looking deeper into colour theory and what tricks I could play on the viewer's eyes may be an avenue to investigate further.



No comments:

Post a Comment