Friday 7 October 2011

Colour Exhibition: Idea Generation

Idea sheets looking into custom lettering and colour schemes for the title of the exhibition. I was reminded of the work by Quadradao who I posted about over the summer on my context blog and their simple use of line and colour. This got me thinking about how colour is simply made by light and light travelling in straight lines...

...this has led to some tests creating experimental typography using straight lines and acting as if they were rays of light that then reflect and refract at intersections of strokes. I like the last image where I've used marker pens to overlay and mix different colours - going to try some more of this as it's a quick, simple exercise and you can see straight away if colour combinations etc. are working or not.






No comments:

Post a Comment