Monday 16 May 2011

Leeds Identity - Final Logo

Okay, I've developed the logo on from 'Leeds Scenic Spaces' to 'Leeds Urban Oasis' as this sounds a little more sophisticated and in-tune with the city commuter audience. The owl is a symbol of the city but  I have vectorised the outline and given it a fresh, contemporary image.


've been desperate to start introducing colour into the project and I think I've had a bit of a breakthrough.  I have kept it simple but appropriate and coloured the work 'urban' in grey to reflect the city location and then the word 'oasis' in a citrus green which communicates what the project is promoting. I intend to keep the colour palette quite limited to grey/green/black/white in order to give a good consistency to the products in my range and tie everything together.




I recently purchased a new font (Ronnia - above) from the foundry, Typetogether. It's a font that has been designed for print and editorial work and I plan that most of the products in my range for this project will be print based and so this should fit perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment