Tuesday 10 May 2011

Leeds Identity - Design Development

Okay so after my break though I started getting on with some design work. Whilst doing this I also had a bit of a rethink with regards to the aim of what I wanted to achieve with what I am designing. Instead of producing some generic campaign targeted at visitors to the city showing all the well known landmarks etc (yawn), I thought I could look to target the residents. 
Basically, I want to produce a poster series of bold typography and illustration that the Leeds residents can identify around their city which feature words/sentences/quotes that make them think a little differently towards where they live and work. Get them to appreciate what they have here on their doorstep whilst encouraging a sense of community, belonging and positivity.
Below I've started testing some hand drawn type which will then be combined with more pure illustration. Most importantly I've got a good feeling about the direction of the project now and I can see where Im heading.




No comments:

Post a Comment