Saturday 9 April 2011

Raw - Placement Competition Brief



Okay, I posted this placement competition brief to design a typeface a little while ago on my PPD & Enterprise blog. Since then, I had a busy run into Easter followed by my birthday and a short holiday to Seville which has kept me occupied. Before I went away I had been thinking of ideas connected to the given topics, (Time, Sound, Photography, Light) but nothing was really grabbing me. I used the holiday to gather some inspiration for up and coming projects and I think I have a decent idea to work with now so Im really looking forward to making a proper start with this. It's a great chance to produce what I would consider my first proper attempt at a typeface and potentially gain a placement with what looks like an awesome design studio!





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief & Technical Spec

"Placements. You want one? Well, we can offer you one, but it’ll cost you… 1 creative project to be exact. Best case scenario, you’ll get a month-long placement and some recognition for your efforts. Worst case scenario, you’ll have a lovely new project to add to your portfolio.

As the origin of Raw Type is based on typographic experimentation, we thought we’d stick to our roots with an open brief encouraging the same process. We want you to create a typeface based on one of the following themes: time, sound, photography or light. As well as the typeface, we’d like you to create a poster promoting your creation.

Themes: Time, Sound, Photography, Light
Typeface: A-Z and 0-9. Extra points for more glyphs, upper & lower-case etc.
Poster: A2 portrait/landscape
Deadline: 15th April 2011
How to Submit: PDFs, no larger than 5MB to submit@rawtype.co.uk. Must contain the typeface, poster and explanatory text about the idea and method.

We will pick our favourite from each theme and then open it up to the design community to select the overall best and winner of the placement. If you have any questions, use the comments below – that way, everyone can benefit. Have fun everyone!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment