Monday 18 April 2011

Image//Self-Initiated - Development

For this brief I was planning to produce 12 contemporary posters which could be brought together to form a calendar. Within the time I've got left (considering other projects too) it's going to be hard work to get all of this done so I have been trying to simplify my thought process regarding this project to make things easier for myself, without compromising the quality of the resolution.
I wanted to produce something that had a dual purpose - practical and desirable. Other ideas I had come up with so far were getting too in depth and confusing but I think I'm finally onto something now. I looked back once more at the work I've done in the image module so far to help me realise what had and hadn't worked during previous briefs.
Below, I have designed a kind of calendar/grid that is going to be applied to each poster but in the form of a varnish - as I did here in the type as image brief. This will enable me to overlay the main design for each poster of the month without the practical bit disturbing the design. 





I haven't yet started the main designs of the posters but, I was thinking about using the Latin definition of each month, with the typography nicely laid out. For example, I read on the internet that January comes from a Latin word that means doorway - as in, January is the doorway to the year. I think this could work well as a simple typographic poster. 
This process of having a typographic quote with the calendar laid out behind will also give me a solid process with which to work from and hopefully I'll be able to turn around this project a little quicker than I'd originally hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment