Thursday 10 February 2011

Disc and Packaging Designs

As the deadline moves closer I now need to start looking at how the disc will be packaged and presented. I want to keep it simple whilst picking out certain colours used in the animation in the design work.


The design of the disc is based on the rising sun which features heavily in the title sequence and idents. The bold red works well with the muted colour of the stock used in the Muji disc sleeve.



Im going to produce a 'see through' inner sleeve to go inside the the cardboard disc holder to make it more 'my own' seeing as though it was pre-made. Using a pre-made case wasn't through being lazy but it was something I happened to come across and it was appropriate for the presentation of my work and I feel with the development I am currently designing it will give a simple but effective result.
The typography on the design for the inner sleeve features the actual 'top 10 things to do in Tokyo in different point sizes and helps to reveal some information about the content of the disc but without giving away the full story.

I have also designed simple red and white stickers to customise the card disc holder which are also in red and white and so help to continue the simple Japanese colour scheme and feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment