Saturday 3 December 2011

Photographing Completed Briefs

So yesterday Naomi and I attempted to get some of our completed briefs photographed in preparation for our presentation boards - attempted being the operative word...

We started by photographing our collaborative project on restaurant branding but it didn't go well. Firstly one of the lights in the equipment borrowed from the photography department didn't work which made lighting the work tricky, then after trying and testing a few settings on the camera we thought we were on track. By the end of the day we had finished photographing the concept restaurant work but I didn't get onto shooting the colour exhibition and apparel brand projects which was disappointing. But then when it came to viewing the photos we had got later we realised they weren't going to be good enough... they were too dark and the grey background we had used actually looked quite greeny. Basically the afternoon turned out to be a massive headache and waste of time.

Me and Naomi have decided to re-shoot our project Monday and I'm going to make sure I get my other completed briefs done then as well.

(Below shows the images shot yesterday along with versions I edited on Photoshop. I turned them more black and white to get rid of the weird colours from the strange light but not having any colour in the photos made the look quite flat so I think it's important they are done again)




No comments:

Post a Comment