Wednesday 19 January 2011

Editorial Image - Development

The column about finances and large numerical values was a difficult one to tackle without being very obvious and simply illustrating one of the subjects directly. As I was already planning a couple of drawings for two of the other articles, I decided that a photograph would be the best way forward here in order to showcase a variety of image making across all of the given articles.


The photograph I composed features a debit card, cash and change as well as somebody counting on their hands. The article in question talks about how people struggle to understand and visualise huge figures and this photo was meant to show how people always go back to counting on their hands from time-to-time. It was then cropped into a square to fit the available space.

For the 'relationship maths' article - I again wanted to produce something different to the others I was working on and so I went for a small piece of type. Since the column was centred around Facebook, I went for the synonymous blue and white with a piece of type that hopefully communicates the message of the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment