Friday 30 September 2011

Imagine_That: Magazine Cover Development

For the cover of a launch issue of a magazine I felt the design had to be simple and striking. It has to be noticeable and show that it's arrived. It also had to reflect the simplicity of the concept which was 'one'.

The simplest element that I could think of to work with was a circle.







I've developed a simple black a white pattern using simple circles that build in weight and expand outwards from the 'i' of Imagine That. In doing this I was trying to show that one event/ one thing starts a chain of events or something that grows and develops. I was also trying to communicate the aspect of imagination which obviously links to the title of the magazine.



The Imagine That blog seems to have a strong following but with this being their first publication I'm unsure as to what kind of budget they would be running with. Therefore the simplicity of just using black and white would help keep costs down but it could easily be made more luxurious if needed by adding a spot UV layer of varnish to the black circles and logo for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment