Tuesday 27 September 2011

DandAD Poster and Pin Up





Above is my design for the poster. I was quite pleased with it on screen but after printing it and viewing it next to some of the other designs I think the white background hasn't complemented the simplicity of the design. The following feedback from the crit confirmed this...

Crit Feedback:
- Try yellow or black backgrounds and change the other colours accordingly.
- The 'D&AD North Lecture' sentence could be a few point sizes smaller.
- Simple vector illustration works well.
- The design communicates the subject of the lecture effectively.
- The text at the bottom could be smaller.
- Change the typeface to Helvetica as this is normally used by D&AD.

I'm going to have a play around with my application of colour before submitting. In response to the feedback I got I think the background colour was the main issue and not the actual imagery used.

No comments:

Post a Comment